Have you dreamed of owning your own home? The Virgin Islands Housing Finance Authority has several programs that can help make your dream a reality. Since 1984, the VIHFA has assisted many low to moderate Virgin Islands families to become first-time homeowners.
To be eligible, you:
- Must be a first time home buyer.
- Must meet established income requirements.
- Must be a resident of the Territory for the last three years.
- Must have the ability to make a minimum earnest money deposit of $500. For qualified veterans, no earnest money deposit is required.
- Must be pre-qualified for a mortgage loan based on nationally accepted underwriting standards of FHA/VA/Conventional Mortgages.
- Must attend VIHFA’s Home Buyer’s Education Program and earn a Certificate of Completion.
- Must occupy the property as your primary residence.
- Must have a household income less than:
St. Thomas/St. John - $149,450
St. Croix - $111,300
- Complete VIHFA application.
- Call for a pre-qualification interview.
- Pay priority fee of $100.00. Veterans pay $75.00.
- Enroll in the Homebuyer Education Course.
The Virgin Islands Housing Finance Authority offers three homebuyer programs.
|Homestead Loan Program
||Lot Sale Program
||Veteran Loan Program
The Virgin Islands Housing Finance Authority also offers education programs and counseling services.